FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ – Ayurve has been around since 2003 and has specialist within Beauty, Laser, Skin and Spa
- Faq Laser Hair Removal
- Faq Laser Skin Treatments
- Faq Beauty & Waxing
- Faq Massage Therapy
- Faq Brazilian Waxing
FAQ – Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal FAQ & tips for before and after treatments, it is important to follow instructions for best quality results. Our therapists have over 7 years+ experience in dealing with different skin types for laser hair removal.
Book your free laser consultation and patch test today ! Our cheapest deal ever. Learn more about FAQ and ask us questions pre and post treatments, exercises, swimming, shaving, beach, gym, workout, waxing, hot tub bath, sweat. The most common questions are:
Which brand Laser Machine do we use?
At Ayurve laser Clinic we use the latest evolution and most popular Syneron-Candela, GentleMax Pro ( Medical Grade) as our preferred laser hair removal machine which is known for its success in giving optimal results safely and accurately for ALL skin types.
It’s a wonderful feeling having laser hair removal done, especially for women as they don’t have to think twice about shaving their underarms or bikini just for a visit to the beach. All our laser treatments are conducted by Certified Laser Technicians*
Which Model & Type of Laser Hair Removal Machine do we use?
We use the Syneron-Candela GentleMax Pro. Due to its high-quality Alexandrite and Yag technology and proven to be medically safe, the GentleMax Pro will deliver results every time. It combines 755nm Alexandrite laser with 1064nm Nd:YAG laser.
How many Laser treatments is required to see desired results ?
Most areas will require 8 -12 treatments done over a period of a year, after the very first treatment 90% of Clients see an instant reduction in hair regrowth, quoting it as being a lot finer and much less.
Why laser hair removal?
- The aim of laser hair removal is to permanently reduce unwanted hair by up to 88-95%
- To to get rid of those nasty ingrown’s.
- This will prevent anyone from visiting a waxing salon every month for long time
- Save’s you money in the long run
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Yes. Though there can be some sides effects are certain contraindications that would restrict some clients form having Laser that is why we always recommend to do a consultation and/or patch test before starting any treatments.
Is laser hair removal safe when pregnant?
It is not recommended during Pregnancy.
Is it safe to have laser hair removal while breast feeding or lactating women?
We recommend laser hair removal only after breast feeding is stopped. If you are still keen it is safer to shave or get waxing during breast feeding.
Is Laser Hair Removal Expensive?
- Laser prices have come down especially for Brazilian laser, due to the demand and quality results clients have seen in the last 5 years,
- In comparison to an average of 15-20 years of waxing, buying shavers or depilatory creams then the amount saved can be thousands.
- Many women and men have had successful treatments and saved thousands of dollars, and are now benefiting from the savings they have made by choosing laser as there method of hair removal.
What to expect in the first visit?
When you arrive for your first session of laser hair removal, there will be a consultation provided where there is opportunity for clients to ask questions. There will also be a patch test done and a consultation form to be filled, so allow an extra 10 minutes on top of treatment time.
What type of hair can be treated?
Laser can only treat hairs that are dark in colour or have Pigment as the light energy will only be attracted to pigment within the follicle, so unfortunately for clients with blonde, grey or white hair , Laser will be ineffective on this type of hair. All Skin Types FitzPatrick 1 to 6 can be treated with GentleMax Pro.
How does it feel during treatments?
The pain level depends on individuals and body skin type, usually it is less painful than waxing specially when cooling spray is applied.
It has been described like an elastic band being snapped against the skin. Some redness and swelling can occur after treatment, Though resides quickly if after guidelines are followed and maintained.
Does Brazilian laser hair removal hurt?
- While you are being treated, you will feel a slight cooling spray( Cryogen ) on the surface of the skin before the laser hits the follicle, this is to prevent any further discomfort you will feel from the laser and helps to cool the surrounding tissue.
- The treatment is over fairly quickly, and the benefits are much greater than any other hair removal method.
What to expect after skin treatments?
Immediately after your treatment there will be an application of Aloe Vera gel or laser hair removal gel to assist in cooling of the skin, there will be a slight reddening or swelling of the follicles, which is a great result as the hair has been successfully heated and the follicle destroyed. All after care instructions will be provided, the main being to staying out of the sun, no fake tans or solariums for up to 3 weeks after treatment.
What happens after 2-3 weeks skin treatments?
After about 2 weeks of the treatment you will notice the hair will begin to fall out of the skin, and then a couple more weeks will pass until you notice regrowth which will appear much finer and in patches.
What is the gap between each treatment?
1.On average we say leave about 4-6 weeks between each session,
2. one recommend 6-8 sessions to achieve good results.
How long does laser hair removal last?
- It depends on person to person, after finishing 6-10 sessions the hair may stop growing
- 99% hair reduction means, you may see few strings of hair in patches after 1-2 years
- Clients may want to touch up after few years.
- Women may see hairs returning due to hormonal changes, after pregnancy etc
Does the hair stop growing after 6 sessions?
There are special circumstances which will see that sometimes hair can grow back, due to hormones, medication and natural causes, there are no guarantees with any type of lasers or IPL machines. But for the most part the results that we have achieved at Ayurve Spa have been of great success and happy clients.
Who can have the skin treatments?
Clients that have paler skin tones and darker hair have most success with laser hair removal. Some success has been experienced with those that have lighter hair but that could be caused as a result of the client having darker pigment at the root of the hair.
Do I need to have a patch test?
At Ayurve Spa we strongly recommend doing a patch test at least a week before you commence treatment as this will not only allow the therapist to determine proper settings to the treatment but also it will give a good indication of how well your hair responds to the laser.
How many laser sessions are needed?
There are many factors that come into play when we look at hair growth. Hormonal changes, medication, age are just some of the factors we look at when we do our initial consultation. At Ayurve Spa we generally advise our clients 6 – 8 sessions but this can go either way , some less, some more.
Can I wax before laser hair removal?
- We don’t recommend to wax before laser hair removal
- If you wax before then you are removing the object that attracts the laser. There has to be a active hair in the root of the follicle for the laser to destroy.
- Shaving is always advised which you can do as much as you like throughout the laser treatments over 6-9 months, as this is only removing the top of hair and still allowing the laser to destroy the root underneath the skin.
Can I get Spray Tan before laser treatment?
- It is not recommended to have a spray tan at-least 2 weeks prior having laser skin treatments.
- It is safe to have a spray tan 24-48 hours after laser hair removal treatment.
When should I shave before laser hair removal?
- Always shave 24-48 hours prior treatment.
- For the initial consultation and patch test we advise you to leave the hair as is, so the therapist can have a look at the colour and shave away a small area for a patch test.
Can I go to gym exercise after laser hair removal treatment?
- We strongly don’t recommend to exercise straight after laser treatment,
- We suggest you let the skin calm and cool for 24-48 hours
- Excess sweating can irritate the skin after laser treatments.
Can I swim after laser hair removal?
- We don’t recommend to swim after laser hair removal for at least 48 hours
- If you swim the chlorine could irritate the skin and cause further inflammation and aggravate the skin.
How long does laser hair removal session take?
- Every area being treated will vary in times.
- The head on the laser is 20mm- 24mm wide, so a full leg laser could take up to 20 minutes
- Brazilian+Underarm 5 – 10 mins.
What do I do if it is Red or Patchy after laser treatment ?
After the laser session if the area is Red or patchy you need to contact the clinic immediately, only use products or ointments recommended by the laser specialist.
How much does laser Treatment cost?
Dos and Don’ts for Hair Removal
Laser hair removal-faq, it has become an instant hit both for men and women who desire to have a hair-free and smooth body. As the term implies, the procedure utilizes a certain type of laser to get rid of unnecessary hair permanently.
Do’s – Laser Hair Removal faq
Do check out the exam rooms and meet the personnel. Is the facility sanitized? Are the staff members friendly and accommodating? What do you think of the spa’s level of professionalism and skill?
Do obtain a consultation and test patch prior to undergoing a laser hair removal treatment.
Do inquire about the rates and how many visits are needed. The number of return visits for treatments and the length of time the procedure will last differ from one patient to another. Make sure that you are aware of the rates and what can be expected during your visits.
Don’ts – Laser Hair Removal
Don’t be reluctant to speak out if you feel some discomfort. A professional has lots of ways to change the settings of the equipment in order to make your sessions more pleasant.
Don’t think twice asking about the equipment to be used. A highly regarded salon or spa must be willing to answer all of your questions, like how the procedure is done, how modern is their equipment, etc.
Do not get yourself tanned before your laser hair removal session; doing this will force the laser power to be inoperative, which means that the efficacy of the treatment will be lessened. Tan will also make the skin more vulnerable to side effects.
Don’t get laser done after being in direct sun for atleast 1 week prior having laser and 1 week after you had laser.
Overall it is important to ask as many questions like how to look after the skin after having laser done, specially what type of products you can apply on your skin after laser so it keeps the body cool and doe’snt cause more irritation.
Are you ready for laser hair removal treatment ? do read about getting ready for laser hair removal treatment blog.
Looking for Laser Hair Removal Prices and Deals then visit our main website.
FAQ Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy-FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What should I expect during my first massage therapy Ayurve Spa Sydney visit?
Your massage therapist will require you to fill out a health history form. This is necessary as the therapist will be working on your body and needs to know if you have any health issues, allergies, if any medication you are on could affect your massage or if you have any back or joint problems etc.
Afterwards the therapist will begin by asking you general questions to establish what areas you would like worked on, if there are any conditions needing to be addressed and to determine if massage and what type is most appropriate for you. Your massage therapist may perform certain assessments and testing to evaluate your condition, and to see if you have any presenting complaints.
2. Where will my massage treatment take place?
Your massage treatment will take place in a warm, comfortable, quiet room. Soft music will be played, also the lights dimmed to help you relax. You will lie on a heated table especially designed for your comfort.
3. What type of products does Ayurve Spa use for massage?
At Ayurve we have a range of different oils that we use. We have a water based oil for those clients who may be allergic to nuts.For our Ayurvedic massages we use black sesame seed oil which is very nourishing on the skin and also when used in the hair.For our Aroma and Relaxing massages we use a blend of essential oils to help energise, relax or distress you.
4. How will a massage feel?
It usually depends on the techniques used. At Ayurve we offer different types of massage so every massage is different, there are different movements, but generally lighter pressure is used at the start to relax your body, as your body becomes relaxed, pressure will gradually be increased to relax specific areas and relieve areas of muscular tension. Oil is used to allow your muscles to be massaged without causing excessive friction to the skin. Do not hesitate to ask questions or mention if you feel any discomfort so that the massage therapist can use another approach or technique.
5. Is it always safe to have a massage?
Sometimes, there are several medical conditions that would make massage inappropriate. That’s why it is necessary that you fill out the health history forms and before you begin your session. The massage therapist will ask general health questions to rule out if you have any contraindications to massage.
It is very important that you inform the practitioner of any health problems or medications you are taking. If you are under a doctor’s care, it is strongly advised that you receive a written recommendation for massage prior to any session. Your massage therapist may require a recommendation or approval from your doctor.
6. How will I feel after the massage therapy treatment?
After a massage at Ayurve most people feel very relaxed. Some experience freedom from long-term aches and pains developed from tension or repetitive activity.
After an initial period of feeling slowed down, people often experience increased energy, heightened awareness, and greater productivity which can last for days. Since toxins are released from your soft tissues during a massage, it is recommended you drink plenty of water following your massage. Massage therapists sometimes recommend a hot Epsom salt bath that encourages the release of toxins that may have been stirred up from the massage treatment
7. How much does it cost for massage in Sydney?
All massage prices may vary depending on the location, setup and how experienced therapists have been employed.
Read More about Sydney Massages Blog.
FAQ – Brazilian Waxing
Tips for Brazilian Waxing Sydney
A Brazilian waxing is a type of Bikini wax which involves the removal of ALL pubic hair in the genital region. Whilst the process does not tickle and can be quite painful at times, the Brazilian has become one of the most popular services in the bikini wax family.
At Ayurve we only use Hot Wax for the removal of the hair which is far more gentle and less painful on the area compared to the common use of strip wax which can be too harsh on the delicate skin. Here a few tips and precautionary measures to take when preparing, during and after your Brazilian Wax:
Brazilian Waxing Precautions:
- Brazilians wax can only be done when the pubic hair is at least half a centimetre long, but it can also be too long so please trim down to at least a centimetre before hand to reduce chances of it being too painful.
- Brazilian waxing should not be done on pimples; new scars raised moles or open sores.
- You should take a shower and wash your pubic area before going for this service.
- You cannot have this service if you currently have any active herpes infection.
- Check that the wax will be done with disposable spatulas and company has a ‘no double dipping ‘ policy in place, this basically means every time the spatula is dipped into the wax and applied on your skin it is then thrown into the bin and a new spatula is picked up.
- Never feel shy to ask, to either see or ensure that the room and equipment is all sterile and that the therapist must wear gloves at all times.
- Most professional salons/spas have in place a breathing technique to reduce any discomfort throughout the treatment.
- Most Brazilians take between 15 – 45 minutes to be done.
Regular Touch-Up Brazilian Waxing:
- Lose your embarrassment and relax as much as possible – this will help you to handle any discomfort during the procedure.
- You can apply numbing gel before the treatment to help with any pain you may experience whist the wax is being removed.
- You may experience reddened or lumpy skin immediately after the wax, which normally subsides after a couple of hours. Soothing aloe gel or tea tree lotion helps with calming of the skin.
After Brazilian Waxing
- Do not apply any perfumed oils, lotions or washes after the wax as this will irritate the skin.
- Your therapist should prescribe you some kind of soothing lotion or gel for you to continue on re-applying until the skin has settle.
- Avoid Steam bath and Sauna public swimming pools for next 2 days after waxing.
- Don’t wear tight clothing for 48 hours of freshly Brazilian wax.
- Continue to exfoliate the area with loofah gloves and a tea tree wash daily to prevent ingrown hairs building up under the skin. An Ingrown hair is a result of the blockage of the follicle due to the build up of skin blocking the entrance, the hair will then curl and create a lump under the skin which can then become quite irritating or even sore for the client.
- There are products that can also help assist with the prevention and clearing any ingrown hairs, your therapist can advise you of these at your appointment.Brazilian Waxing FAQ