Frequently Asked Questions
Ayurve has been around since 2003 and has specialist within Beauty, Laser, Skin and Spa
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Skin Treatments
- Beauty & Waxing
- Massage Therapy
FAQ – Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal FAQ & tips for before and after treatments, it is important to follow instructions for best quality results. Our therapists have over 7 years experience in dealing with different skin types for laser hair removal.
Book your free laser consultation and patch test today ! Our cheapest deal ever. Learn more about FAQ and ask us questions pre and post treatments, exercises, swimming, shaving, beach, gym, workout, waxing, hot tub bath, sweat. The most common questions are:
Which brand Laser Machine do we use?
At Ayurve laser Clinic we use the latest evolution and most popular Syneron-Candela, GentleMax Pro ( Medical Grade) as our preferred laser hair removal machine which is known for its success in giving optimal results safely and accurately for ALL skin types.
It’s a wonderful feeling having laser hair removal done, especially for women as they don’t have to think twice about shaving their underarms or bikini just for a visit to the beach. All our laser treatments are conducted by Certified Laser Technicians*
Which Model & Type of Laser Hair Removal Machine do we use?
We use the Syneron-Candela GentleMax Pro. Due to its high-quality Alexandrite and Yag technology and proven to be medically safe, the GentleMax Pro will deliver results every time. It combines 755nm Alexandrite laser with 1064nm Nd:YAG laser.
How many Laser treatments is required to see desired results ?
Most areas will require 8 -12 treatments done over a period of a year, after the very first treatment 90% of Clients see an instant reduction in hair regrowth, quoting it as being a lot finer and much less.
Why laser hair removal?
- The aim of laser hair removal is to permanently reduce unwanted hair by up to 88-95%
- To to get rid of those nasty ingrown’s.
- This will prevent anyone from visiting a waxing salon every month for long time
- Save’s you money in the long run
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Yes. Though there can be some sides effects are certain contraindications that would restrict some clients form having Laser that is why we always recommend to do a consultation and/or patch test before starting any treatments.
Is laser hair removal safe when pregnant?
It is not recommended during Pregnancy.
Is it safe to have laser hair removal while breast feeding or lactating women?
We recommend laser hair removal only after breast feeding is stopped. If you are still keen it is safer to shave or get waxing during breast feeding.
Is laser Hair Removal Expensive?
- Laser prices have come down especially for Brazilian laser, due to the demand and quality results clients have seen in the last 5 years,
- In comparison to an average of 15-20 years of waxing, buying shavers or depilatory creams then the amount saved can be thousands.
- Many women and men have had successful treatments and saved thousands of dollars, and are now benefiting from the savings they have made by choosing laser as there method of hair removal.
What to expect in the first visit?
When you arrive for your first session of laser hair removal, there will be a consultation provided where there is opportunity for clients to ask questions. There will also be a patch test done and a consultation form to be filled, so allow an extra 10 minutes on top of treatment time.
What type of hair can be treated?
Laser can only treat hairs that are dark in colour or have Pigment as the light energy will only be attracted to pigment within the follicle, so unfortunately for clients with blonde, grey or white hair , Laser will be ineffective on this type of hair. All Skin Types FitzPatrick 1 to 6 can be treated with GentleMax Pro.
How does it feel during treatments?
The pain level depends on individuals and body skin type, usually it is less painful than waxing specially when cooling spray is applied.
It has been described like an elastic band being snapped against the skin. Some redness and swelling can occur after treatment, Though resides quickly if after guidelines are followed and maintained.
Does Brazilian laser hair removal hurt?
- While you are being treated, you will feel a slight cooling spray( Cryogen ) on the surface of the skin before the laser hits the follicle, this is to prevent any further discomfort you will feel from the laser and helps to cool the surrounding tissue.
- The treatment is over fairly quickly, and the benefits are much greater than any other hair removal method.
What to expect after treatments?
Immediately after your treatment there will be an application of Aloe Vera gel to assist in cooling of the skin, there will be a slight reddening or swelling of the follicles, which is a great result as the hair has been successfully heated and the follicle destroyed. All after care instructions will be provided, the main being to staying out of the sun, no fake tans or solariums for up to 3 weeks after treatment.
What happens after 2-3 weeks ?
After about 2 weeks of the treatment you will notice the hair will begin to fall out of the skin, and then a couple more weeks will pass until you notice regrowth which will appear much finer and in patches.
What is the gap between each treatment?
1.On average we say leave about 4-6 weeks between each session,
2. one recommend 6-8 sessions to achieve good results.
How long does laser hair removal last ?
- It depends on person to person, after finishing 6-10 sessions the hair may stop growing
- 99% hair reduction means, you may see few strings of hair in patches after 1-2 years
- Clients may want to touch up after few years.
- Women may see hairs returning due to hormonal changes, after pregnancy etc
Does the hair stop growing after 6 sessions?
There are special circumstances which will see that sometimes hair can grow back, due to hormones, medication and natural causes, there are no guarantees with any type of lasers or IPL machines. But for the most part the results that we have achieved at Ayurve Spa have been of great success and happy clients.
Who can have the treatment?
Clients that have paler skin tones and darker hair have most success with laser hair removal. Some success has been experienced with those that have lighter hair but that could be caused as a result of the client having darker pigment at the root of the hair.
Do I need to have a patch test?
At Ayurve Spa we strongly recommend doing a patch test at least a week before you commence treatment as this will not only allow the therapist to determine proper settings to the treatment but also it will give a good indication of how well your hair responds to the laser.
How many laser sessions are needed?
There are many factors that come into play when we look at hair growth. Hormonal changes, medication, age are just some of the factors we look at when we do our initial consultation. At Ayurve Spa we generally advise our clients 6 – 8 sessions but this can go either way , some less, some more.
Can I wax before laser hair removal?
- We don’t recommend to wax before laser hair removal
- If you wax before then you are removing the object that attracts the laser. There has to be a active hair in the root of the follicle for the laser to destroy.
- Shaving is always advised which you can do as much as you like throughout the laser treatments over 6-9 months, as this is only removing the top of hair and still allowing the laser to destroy the root underneath the skin.
When should I shave before laser hair removal?
- Always shave 24-48 hours prior treatment.
- For the initial consultation and patch test we advise you to leave the hair as is, so the therapist can have a look at the colour and shave away a small area for a patch test.
Can I go to gym exercise after laser hair removal treatment?
- We strongly don’t recommend to exercise straight after laser treatment,
- We suggest you let the skin calm and cool for 24-48 hours
- Excess sweating can irritate the skin after laser treatments.
Can I swim after laser hair removal?
- We don’t recommend to swim after laser hair removal for at least 48 hours
- If you swim the chlorine could irritate the skin and cause further inflammation and aggravate the skin.
How long does laser hair removal session take?
- Every area being treated will vary in times.
- The head on the laser is 20mm- 24mm wide, so a full leg laser could take up to 20 minutes
- Brazilian+Underarm 5 – 10 mins.
What do I do if it is Red or Patchy after laser treatment ?
After the laser session if the area is Red or patchy you need to contact the clinic immediately, only use products or ointments recommended by the laser specialist.
What Can I expect during a Laser treatment?
Treatment will take place our Laser room. Our Trained and certified Laser Therapists will use a small handpiece to deliver each Laser pulse. A treatment could take a s little as a few minutes to as long as 30minutes depending on the treatment area and the condition being treated.
Does Laser skin Treatment Hurt?
Some Clients may feel a slight discomfort with each Laser pulse, sometimes it can be described like snapping a rubber band on the skin. The discomfort resolves quickly and can minimized by the patent Dynamic Cooling Device(DCD) for some types of Skin treatments.
How Many treatments will I need?
The number of treatment session will treatment you require and the condition of your Skin. Multiple Treatments may be required for severe skin conditions or some minor skin conditions may clear up in only 1-3 treatments.
How do I prepare for the treatment?
If you have a history of Herpes Simplex virus, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
Skin must be clean shaven if needed 12-24 Hours prior to the treatment, no makeup, creams, oils, topical anesthetics or self-tanning products before laser treatment. Do not expose the intended area of treatment area to sunlight or tanning booth light prior to or immediately after treatment, Longer time of un exposure maybe required for certain skin treatments. Apply Spf 50 after treatments and on the following days other topical Products maybe recommended to boost your skin recovery and desired results.
What Can I expect after the Treatment?
A cool compress or gel pack may be applied for comfort after the treatment. Any Redness or swelling should resolve within a few hours if after care if followed.
What precautions Should I take after my laser skin treatment?
After your Laser treatment, prevent sun exposure by applying sunblock spf 50. In the first few days after treatment, don’t scrub or rinse the treated area with abrasive skin cleansers. Your Therapist may advise additional Precautions.
Are there any side effects for laser skin treatments?
Permanent side effects are rare and may include redness, swelling, hyper-pigmentation, hypo-pigmentation, blistering and purpura (a laser bruise) in the treatment area, these usually don’t last for more than a few days. Your Laser Therapist may recommend additional home-care as ongoing treatment to avoid some of these side effects from occurring.
How much does laser Treatment cost?