Tips for Brazilian Waxing Sydney
A Brazilian waxing is a type of Bikini wax which involves the removal of ALL pubic hair in the genital region. Whilst the process does not tickle and can be quite painful at times, the Brazilian has become one of the most popular services in the bikini wax family.
At Ayurve we only use Hot Wax for the removal of the hair which is far more gentle and less painful on the area compared to the common use of strip wax which can be too harsh on the delicate skin. Here a few tips and precautionary measures to take when preparing, during and after your Brazilian Wax:
Brazilian Waxing Precautions:
- Brazilians wax can only be done when the pubic hair is at least half a centimetre long, but it can also be too long so please trim down to at least a centimetre before hand to reduce chances of it being too painful.
- Brazilian waxing should not be done on pimples; new scars raised moles or open sores.
- You should take a shower and wash your pubic area before going for this service.
- You cannot have this service if you currently have any active herpes infection.
- Check that the wax will be done with disposable spatulas and company has a ‘no double dipping ‘ policy in place, this basically means every time the spatula is dipped into the wax and applied on your skin it is then thrown into the bin and a new spatula is picked up.
- Never feel shy to ask, to either see or ensure that the room and equipment is all sterile and that the therapist must wear gloves at all times.
- Most professional salons/spas have in place a breathing technique to reduce any discomfort throughout the treatment.
- Most Brazilians take between 15 – 45 minutes to be done.
Regular Touch-Up Brazilian Waxing:
- Lose your embarrassment and relax as much as possible – this will help you to handle any discomfort during the procedure.
- You can apply numbing gel before the treatment to help with any pain you may experience whist the wax is being removed.
- You may experience reddened or lumpy skin immediately after the wax, which normally subsides after a couple of hours. Soothing aloe gel or tea tree lotion helps with calming of the skin.
After Brazilian Waxing
- Do not apply any perfumed oils, lotions or washes after the wax as this will irritate the skin.
- Your therapist should prescribe you some kind of soothing lotion or gel for you to continue on re-applying until the skin has settle.
- Avoid Steam bath and Sauna public swimming pools for next 2 days after waxing.
- Don’t wear tight clothing for 48 hours of freshly Brazilian wax.
- Continue to exfoliate the area with loofah gloves and a tea tree wash daily to prevent ingrown hairs building up under the skin. An Ingrown hair is a result of the blockage of the follicle due to the build up of skin blocking the entrance, the hair will then curl and create a lump under the skin which can then become quite irritating or even sore for the client.
- There are products that can also help assist with the prevention and clearing any ingrown hairs, your therapist can advise you of these at your appointment.Brazilian Waxing FAQ